Description of the Position: The Chair is responsible for providing overall guidance and leadership to the OCEHT, including:
- decision-making regarding the design, development and implementation of all activities, including special projects and initiatives;
- delegating and monitoring activities of members, committees and volunteers to ensure that the mandate of the OCEHT is being advanced;
- decision-making regarding all aspects of the organization based on consultation with membership;
- overseeing the Volunteer Recruitment Process;
- overseeing new membership registration;
- reaching out to, and working with, community organizations;
- performing a conflict resolution function, as required;
- enforcing organizational policies and regulations;
- representing the OCEHT at conferences and special events;
- chairing monthly meetings; and
- performing a management function over the Vice Chair, Communications Administrator and Secretary.
Length of Commitment: A period of 3 years, with the option to renew.
Education: Post-secondary education in victimology, law, sociology, psychology, criminology or human rights
Qualifications: Posses significant volunteer or employment experience in the area of human trafficking or a related field (i.e violence against women, shelters, etc.) and/or possess significant experience in establishing and/or leading an organization of more than 15 employees/volunteers in the area of human trafficking or a related field.
- Knowledge of the crime of trafficking in humans, along with knowledge of the current situation of this issue in the National Capital Region, is an asset.
- Knowledge of the structure, mandate and communications platforms of the OCEHT.
Professional Experience: Experience in a supervisory position is required. Project management experience is an asset.
Volunteer Experience: 2 years’ of volunteer experience and/or 1 year leading a project.
Skills and Abilities:
- ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude;
- time-management, planning and organizational skills, including the ability to work on a number of tasks simultaneously;
- ability to prioritize tasks, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- ability to work without close supervision or constant direction;
- excellent leadership skills and an effective ability to delegate;
- accuracy and attention to detail;
- tact, discretion and the ability to use judgement in dealing with confidential information;
- diplomacy and negotiation skills;
- the ability to work independently, and as part of a team;
- reliable, committed and highly motivated; and
Please send your resume with a covering letter to the Chair of the OCEHT at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that your documents clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined. (NOTE: You will be required to provide a Police Records Check from the Ottawa Police; undergo an interview, and a day-long training session.)